How to Browse Privately on Internet Explorer
- August 7, 2013
Here are some ways in which you can manage your web history on Internet Explorer (8 and newer). NOTE: Any websites that are bookmarked or added to favorites along with any downloads made during an incognito browsing session WILL be saved to your computer. All other records of your browsing activity will be erased upon closing all Internet Explorer windows.
Deleting Your History
- Click on the tools symbol (a gear located in the top right corner of your browser window) and select “Internet options.”
- In the dialog box, under the section that says Browsing history, select “delete.”
- You can also choose to have your history deleted every time you exit internet explorer by selecting the box next to “Delete browsing history on exit” (shown below in red).
In-Private Browsing on Internet Explorer
Instead of having to erase your entire history every time you use the internet, you can launch private browsing sessions that don’t save your browsing history, tracking cookies, or other temporary internet files during the session. This is generally known as incognito browsing. Here is how to launch an incognito session, known as InPrivate browsing, on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the internet options symbol, then select “Safety (see above).”
- Then Click “InPrivate Browsing.”
Now you are all set to begin your browsing session. Remember: All bookmarks and downloads made during an incognito browsing session WILL BE SAVED.
My friends would say that I'm creative, smart, driven, and a hard worker...and I would have to agree. I've developed technology solutions for many businesses over the last 20 years. I take pride in being a change agent and problem solver with a passion for technology and people; grasping the big picture, conceptualizing, developing, and implementing solutions while partnering closely with business leaders.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Is Search Engine Submission Necessary? August 17, 2018
- Can Any Inbound Linking Hurt My Ranking? May 17, 2018
- The Importance of Anchor Text in Back-links February 17, 2018